» Coastal Fund Positions
Coastal Fund Positions
The Coastal Fund is an all-student board that provides approximately $300,000 in funds annually to preserve, protect, and enhance the terrestrial and marine habitats associated with the shoreline of the University of California, Santa Barbara through preservation, education, open access, research, and restoration. Coastal Fund is a great organization for those looking to get more involved in local environmental research and protection.
CF Outreach Coordinator
The Coastal Fund Outreach Coordinator engages the campus and community in Coastal Fund’s mission of coastal protection by developing and implementing outreach initiatives and campaigns, tabling, writing newsletters and social media posts, and planning and/or participating in outreach events. The selected person(s) will primarily train this Spring quarter and will lead our Outreach program next year, so we are looking for candidates who will be at UCSB through at least Spring 2018.
*Open to current UCSB undergraduate students only.*
- Must be able to attend Coastal Fund Board meetings at 6pm on Tuesday night
- Must be able to work independently while keeping in regular contact with supervisor
- Must be extremely professional and comfortable with email communication
- Must be extremely organized
- Must possess a strong writing ability
- Manage Coastal Fund outreach email, website, social media and newsletter
- Compile information for and write Coastal Fund Annual Report
- Increase awareness of the Coastal Fund and encourage grant proposal submissions
- Organize and promote Coastal Fund events such as the end of the year Gala, quarterly beach cleanups and photography contests
- Develop and manage on-campus education and awareness programs to actively involve students and organizations in local coastal conservation
- Manage approved press releases and maintain contact with local media outlets, such as the Nexus and Santa Barbara Independent
- Develop and order merchandise materials
- Update the Board on all activities during weekly meetings
To apply: Please submit a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 12th, 2017.
Approximate Hours Per Week