Coastal Fund Outreach Coordinator
The Coastal Fund Outreach Coordinator engages the campus and community in Coastal Fund’s mission of coastal protection by developing and implementing outreach initiatives and campaigns, tabling, writing newsletters and social media posts, and planning and/or participating in outreach events. The selected person(s) will primarily train this Spring quarter and will lead our Outreach program next year, so we are looking for candidates who will be at UCSB through at least Spring 2021.
- Must be able to attend Coastal Fund Board meetings at 6pm on Tuesday nights in Spring 2020 and all of 2020-2021 academic year
- Must be able to work independently while keeping in regular contact with supervisor
- Must be extremely professional and comfortable with email communication
- Must be extremely organized
- Must possess a strong writing ability
- Manage Coastal Fund outreach email, website, social media and newsletter
- Compile information for and write Coastal Fund Annual Report
- Increase awareness of the Coastal Fund and encourage grant proposal submissions
- Organize and promote Coastal Fund events such as the end of the year Gala, quarterly beach cleanups and photography contests
- Develop and manage on-campus education and awareness programs to actively involve students and organizations in local coastal conservation
- Manage approved press releases and maintain contact with local media outlets, such as the Nexus and Santa Barbara Independent
- Develop and order merchandise materials
- Update the Board on all activities during weekly meetings
Time Commitment: Approximately 6-10 hours per week
**Interested applicants should apply through Handshake
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 23, 2020
Undergraduate student position now open on the Coastal Fund Board of Directors
(Position is for Spring 2020 and the 2020-2021 school year)
Interested in helping our local coastal environment and learning more about our community? Join the all-student Coastal Fund Board of Directors, in charge of allocating approximately $350,000 in funds each year to projects that preserve, protect, and restore the watershed and shoreline associated with UCSB. Positions are open to all degree fields, and students should expect to commit at least one academic year to the Board of Directors. This is a rare and unique opportunity to make a lasting impact while at UCSB and to get involved with the Santa Barbara community. Members of the Board of Directors also learn a great deal about local organizations acting to benefit our coastline.
The primary duty of the Board of Directors is to review submitted grant proposals, evaluate them based on quality of project design, relevance to the Coastal Fund Mission Statement, overall impact, and allocate funding accordingly.
- Able to attend a weekly meeting every Tuesday night during Fall, Winter, Spring quarter (except finals week)
- Interested in issues surrounding coastal protection in the Santa Barbara area
- Highly organized and able to communicate effectively with other board members and grant applicants both via email and in person
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment
- Board members will receive a quarterly stipend.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to the Coastal Fund Chair Jeremy Francoeur at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should include an explanation of how your experience will help you make informed decisions in evaluating grant proposals.
The application is due Sunday, March 1 2020.